I am a lover of beauty & happiness, a lover of the outdoors, adventure, nature and the beauty that surrounds us.
I love animals, music, reading and art in any form
I'm also a monster before my first coffee of the day, have a weakness for cake and love a US TV drama watching marathon.
I guess it goes without saying that I love photography. I believe that looking through a camera makes you really open your eyes to what is around you and find beauty in so many moments and places. My passion is telling stories through pictures, creating beauty in images and capturing those one off moment in life to never be forgotten.
Before becoming a wedding photographer I was a producer at the BBC Natural History Unit making wildlife documentaries. It provided me with a wealth of extraordinary experiences, I spent months away filming in Africa, Canada and America, I camped in the Sarhara for months crafting stories about the most resiliant insects in the world, I had the privelege of watching congregations of black rhino every night for 4 weeks ot a little known waterhole in Africa, I witnessed elephants celebrating the birth of their young and lions fighting over territory.
The skills that I learnt here have led me to become the photographer I am today. On your wedding day I am looking in images constantly, seeing how the light falls, what would make a good composition for the position you are currently in, anticipating what will happen next - all great documentary filming skills. When the moment happens on your day I am position to capture it perfectly.
My Photography Style
I don't like to pigeon hole myself into one particular photographty style - documentary, reportage, fine art, classic, vintage - these are all just words really.
I simply document your day beatifully, artistically and truthfully.
I learnt my craft directing wildlife documentaries for the BBC. We used a similar method to that which I use on wedding days...
— Captured by Katrina
As Featured in
Rock my Wedding
Love my Dress
Whimsical Wonderland Weddings
English Wedding Blog
Wedding Ideas Magazine
So You're Getting Married
- Named " Most Outstanding Wedding Photography Service in the UK" Lux Industry Wedding Awards
Making my business as ethical as possible
For as long as I can remember I have loved nature and the outdoors. It's where I felt I belonged. I crave open space, fresh air, natural elements. Along with this, I feel we have a duty to do all we can to preserve the beauty that surrounds us, so I have a few small things in place that I do to try to make this little business of mine as nature-friendly as I can:
- For every couple who book me I plant a tree with the World Land Trust. The trees planted help to restore forests that have been lost in Kenya, Brazil, India, Paraguay and currently extending forests in Ecuador. I'm aiming to replace at least a few acres by the end of my photography career
- I'm as paperless as possible and use recycled paper and card when neccessary
- I try to only British companies for everything I do. My albums come from a wonderful independant company in Sctoland called Wee Album Company and my prints and frames come from UK based Loxley. I also get some products from a great company called Artifact Uprising. Unfortunately they are not UK based but they have such amazing eco credentials that I really like to try and support them where I can
- As much as possible the gifts and products I send you are made from recycled products or companies who have strong eco values
If you have any other ideas you would like to see me implement please do let me know. And if you fancy getting married up a mountain or by a lake then I'm your girl